Supervised by Heidi Camacho, M.S.,LMFT#99799, LPCC#5291
“The creative process puts us in touch with our soul, our spirit, our inner wisdom. Self-expression through the creative arts – movement, art, music, and writing – is a sacred and often mystical experience, transforming pain, anger, fear, and grief into forms that nourish the soul.”
Welcome! Therapy can be intimidating which is why I strive to create a safe place where my clients can feel free to be themselves. I want to empower my clients to get through all seasons of life. Change in a career, life transitions, family difficulties, or simply dealing with everyday stressors can cause life to feel overwhelming for all of us. Reaching out for support is a sign of strength and can be very liberating. I see my role as a therpist as a guide through life. I especially enjoy helping clients work through depression, anxiety, self-esteem struggles, and trauma. If you need some extra support today, reach out to me and I will help you take the first step towards optimal mental health.
Christina Quinonez is an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist who is excited to bring her passion for creative and expressive arts to the practice. Christina’s approach is warm, eclectic, and validating. She enjoys challenging adolescents, teens, and adults to discover, examine, and heal false beliefs, maladaptive behavior, and traits that are keeping them from self-acceptance, a sense of fulfillment, and productivity.
A Fresno native, Christina attended California State University, Fresno. She earned her Bachelor’s of Arts in 2015, and then Master’s degree in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling in 2018. It is while she was an Intern at Fresno State that Christina discovered the sense of fulfillment she gets from assisting others in developing and operationalizing a sense of positive self-efficacy.
Specialized Training and Certifications
- 2020 Somatic Approaches to Healing Trauma training
- 2019-Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy [EFIT] Training Program- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2019- The Impact of Attachment Disruption and Trauma on Behavior. Brain Development, and Mental Health- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2019-Working with Young Children: Evidenced-Based Practices for Screening, Observation, Assessment, and Intervention- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2019-Playfully Building Connections: Attachment Based Play Interventions- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2019 Maternal Mental Health Intensive Perinatal Loss & Grief, Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders, The Seleni Institute
- 2019 Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care, Advanced Training,- Postpartum Support International
- 2018-How to facilitate a Hold me tight/Let me go workshop for families and teens- presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2018- Substance abuse treatment for people with HIV/Aids- Ethical & Legal Issues
- 2018- CCAPP Professional: Registered Drug and Alcohol Technician
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)