Crystal Calderon, M.S., Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #116348
Supervised by Barrett Eng, M.A., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #112340 (Mentee)
Serves in person and telehealth clients in Fresno | Serves telehealth clients| Bakersfield | Modesto | San Francisco |Sacramento | San Jose | Oakland
| Folsom | Roseville | Napa
“It’s okay if you thought you were over it, but it hits you all over again. It’s okay to fall apart even if you thought you had it under control. You’re not weak. Healing is messy and there is no timeline for healing.”
Crystal is an Associate Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who is passionate about working with all clients towards the goals of self-discovery, self-empowerment, and acceptance. Crystal is particularly keen on working with adolescents, young adults, and peri-natal women.
My Approach & Values
As a relatively new mom herself, Crystal recognizes the vulnerability and need of families who are transitioning into this stage of their lives since struggling through her own post-partum depression and anxiety. Before she became a therapist, Crystal worked with all populations of the community in a customer-service based environment which has assisted in her refining skills of patience, problem-solving, and understanding.
Originally from California, Crystal received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from California State University Fresno. While in college, her passion for emotional and mental well-being and the care for vulnerable populations developed. She continued on at California State University, Fresno to get her Master of Science in Counseling with an emphasis in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling. It is here where she began counseling the underserved populations of the Fresno area.
Crystal is dedicated to bringing compassionate as well as directive care to children/adolescents, adults and their families. Crystal emphasizes working from a Cognitive Behavioral level seeking to address various situations and events in life that have influenced the way one perceives, feels, and behaves in present life. Further, Crystal utilizes a multimodal perspective to treatment, integrating techniques from Solution-Focused Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Psychoanalysis, Mindfulness and Play Therapy Techniques. Crystal feels that every client is unique, and thus requires a unique approach to treatment.
Certifications and Specialized Training
- 2021 Infant Preschooler Mental Health (IPMH) 26 unit Training: Meraki-Minded Professional Development
- 2021- Suicide Prevention, Assessment, and Intervention- Benjamin E. Caldwell
- 2021 Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship Program- Aikin and Associates at the Greater Sacramento-Davis EFT Center
- 2020 Integrating Yoga and Mindfulness in Therapy with Children
- 2020 Mindful Movement: Mindful and Kinesthetic Techniques in Therapy
- 2020 Mom and Postpartum Support International (PSI) Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training for Mental Health and Clinical Professionals
- 2020 Clinical Application of the Adult Attachment Interview-The Insight Center Joni Lavick, MFT
- 2020- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist Training- Robert Rhoton.
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon