Heidi Camacho, M.S., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT #99799 LPCC#5291
Assistant Clinical Director/ Clinical Supervisor
Serves in person and telehealth clients in Fresno | Serves telehealth clients| Bakersfield | Modesto | San Francisco |Sacramento | San Jose | Oakland
| Folsom | Roseville | Napa
Meanings are not determined by situations. We determine ourselves by the meanings we ascribe to situations.”
― Alfred Adler
I believe in the healing process, and I believe that the therapeutic relationship provides the space for that process to be honored and held safely. One’s therapeutic journey is a personal and intimate journey that can lead to empowerment and enlightenment. I am honored that you have chosen me to support you in this process.
My Approach & Values
Heidi is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, and Assistant Clinical Director at Central Valley Family Therapy. Heidi treats children, couples, families, and individuals. In addition to providing quality, compassionate, clinical care to her clients, she is also passionate about enhancing the growth and clinical skills of associates who are on track for licensure in the state of California.
Heidi was raised in Fresno, CA. She received her Bachelor’s degree in 2011 from California State University, Fresno studying Liberal Studies with an Emphasis in Child and Family Sciences. She went on to complete her Master’s degree in Counseling with an option in Marriage and Family Therapy from California State University. Fresno in 2013.
Heidi is a Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist (CCTS-I). She has experience working in outpatient settings as a supervisor and a therapist, working with individuals, couples, and families who have endured traumatic life events, attachment issues, mood disorders, depression and anxiety, self-harming behaviors, and life adjustment issues. She also has experience working with individuals, couples, families and groups. She studies and utilizes EMDR, Trauma-Focused CBT, Theraplay, Emotional Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Attachment-Based Therapy theoretical orientations in the therapeutic process.
Heidi is a Certified EMDR Therapist. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a unique, integrative psychotherapy approach adopted by mental health professionals to address causes of trauma. Unlike other treatments that focus on directly altering the emotions, thoughts and responses resulting from traumatic experiences, EMDR therapy focuses directly on the memory, and is intended to change the way that the memory is stored in the brain, thus reducing and eliminating the problematic symptoms. Heidi is committed to treating trauma and is passionate about utilizing EMDR to help heal traumatic experiences.
Additionally, Heidi has completed extensive training in perinatal mental health, specifically, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, and perinatal loss and grief. She feels a calling to provide a safe, supportive, and nonjudgmental space for women and mothers. She is currently studying to test and obtain her Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C). Heidi has also completed extensive training in Infant Preschooler Mental Health (IPMH) and is passionate about working with infants and their caregivers.
Certifications and Specialized Training
- 2021 Infant Preschooler Mental Health (IPMH) 26 unit Training: Meraki-Minded Professional Development
- 2021 Certified EMDR Therapist Certification: EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- 2020 Certified EMDR Therapist Training: Personal Transformation Institute
- 2020 Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist- Individual Certification: Trauma Institute international
- 2019 Maternal Mental Health Intensive Training: Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders- The Seleni Institute
- 2019 Emotional Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) Training Program- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2019 Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship Program- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2018 Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Hold Me Tight/ Let Me Go Program for Families Facilitators Training- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2017 The Impact of Attachment Disruption and Trauma on Behavior, Brain Development, and Mental Health Training- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2017 The Therapeutic Power of Play Training
- 2017 Working with Young Children; Evidenced based practices for Observation, Screening, Assessment and Intervention Training- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2017 Shame and Personality Disorders Training
- 2013 Trauma-Focused CBT training/Trauma-Focused CBT Grief Training
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon