“Meanings are not determined by situations. We determine ourselves by the meanings we ascribe to situations.”
I believe in the healing process, and I believe that the therapeutic relationship provides the space for that process to be honored and held safely. One’s therapeutic journey is a personal and intimate journey that can lead to empowerment and enlightenment. I am honored that you have chosen me to support you in this process.
Heidi is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, and a Clinical Supervisor at Central Valley Family Therapy. Heidi treats children, couples, families, and individuals. In addition to providing quality, compassionate, clinical care to her clients, she is also passionate about enhancing the growth and clinical skills of associates who are on track for licensure in the state of California in her role as a Clinical Supervisor at Central Valley Family Therapy.
Heidi was born and raised in Fresno, CA. She received her Bachelor’s degree in 2011 from California State University, Fresno studying Liberal Studies with an Emphasis in Child and Family Sciences. She went on to complete her Master’s degree in Counseling with an option in Marriage and Family Therapy from California State University. Fresno in 2013.
Heidi has experience working in outpatient settings as a supervisor and a therapist, working with individuals, couples, and families who have endured traumatic life events, attachment issues, mood disorders, depression and anxiety, self-harming behaviors, and life adjustment issues. She also has experience working with individuals, couples, families and groups. She studies and utilizes Trauma-Focused CBT, Theraplay, Emotional Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Attachment-Based Therapy theoretical orientations in the therapeutic process.
Additionally, Heidi has completed extensive training in perinatal mental health, specifically, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, and perinatal loss and grief. She feels a calling to provide a safe, supportive, and nonjudgmental space for women and mothers. She is currently studying to test and obtain her Certification in Perinatal Mental Health (PMH-C).
Certifications and Specialized Training
- 2019 Maternal Mental Health Intensive Training: Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders- The Seleni Institute
- 2019 Emotional Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) Training Program- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2019 Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship Program- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2018 Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Hold Me Tight/ Let Me Go Program for Families Facilitators Training- Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2017 The Impact of Attachment Disruption and Trauma on Behavior, Brain Development, and Mental Health Training- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2017 The Therapeutic Power of Play Training
- 2017 Working with Young Children; Evidenced based practices for Observation, Screening, Assessment and Intervention Training- Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2017 Shame and Personality Disorders Training
- 2013 Trauma-Focused CBT training/Trauma-Focused CBT Grief Training
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)