Supervised by Dr. Melissa Tihin, PsyD. LMFT#86602
“It’s okay if you thought you were over it, but it hits you all over again. It’s okay to fall apart even if you thought you had it under control. You’re not weak. Healing is messy and there is no timeline for healing.”
I pride myself on providing competent and compassionate services to individuals and families that I work with. I am passionate about working with children, adults, and families to enhance relationships and offer guidance in navigating life’s obstacles. Through a collaborative process of developing mutual trust and respect, I believe that hope can be restored and each individual has the ability to reach their infinite potential. I specialize in working with substance abuse, trauma, self-esteem, negative thinking, life stressors, conflicts with interpersonal relationships, difficulty with communication, feelings of sadness and worry, grief, and abuse.
Jonathan Woodard is an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and Associate Professional Clinical Counselor who works for Central Valley Family Therapy. Jonathan is on the path to becoming a licensed professional and enjoys working with a variety of individuals, but particularly with couples and children.
As a native Californian, Jonathan graduated with a Bachelors of science in Psychology from California State University, Fresno in 2013. He went on to complete his Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy in 2016 from California State University, Fresno.
Prior to his work at Central Valley Family Therapy, Jonathan was an intern at Spirit of Woman, an inpatient rehabilitation facility in Fresno for women facing addiction, in Fresno providing group, individual, and family services. Jonathan also worked as an intern through Sanger Unified School District providing counseling services to students on school sites.
Jonathan is an eclectic therapist who utilizes various approaches with his clients. He specializes in Trauma-Focused Treatment and works compassionately with clients to assist them working through trauma. In his work he utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Play Therapy theoretical orientations and interventions. Jonathan enjoys working with children, adults, and couples who are looking to focus on relationship issues, intimacy issues, sexuality, and trauma.
- 2020 “Playfully Enhancing Resilience: Play Therapy Strategies to Shape Confident Children” Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2019 “Child’s Play, Therapy Basics: Play Therapy and Traumatized Children” Presented by Dr. Brian Bethel Ph.D.
- 2019 “Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy [EFIT] Training Program” Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2019 “Finding your playful place: Developing practical play therapy interventions” Presented by Angela Boardman, LMFT- The Solace Center
- 2018 “How to facilitate a Hold me tight/Let me go workshop for families and teens” presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2017 “The Impact of Attachment Disruption and Trauma on Behavior. Brain Development, and Mental Health” Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2017 “Working with Young Children: Evidenced-Based Practices for Screening, Observation, Assessment, and Intervention” Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)