The media attention surrounding the current coronavirus outbreak is triggering increased anxiety across all age groups and people from all walks of life. Due to the unique challenges posed by this pandemic, your mental health may come under strain. If this happens, its important to remain calm and seek help. Central Valley Family Therapy has qualified Therapists on standby ready to help you and address your concerns.
As the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) remains ever-changing, we have made the difficult decision to move all clients to Telehealth online counseling. We understand that this may be less than ideal for many of our valued clients, but we feel a strong responsibility to protect our clients and clinicians. With that being said, we understand that telehealth sessions may come with distractions and disruptions and we are committed to providing a supportive and nonjudgmental space despite the chaos. We have put together some helpful How To’s and FAQ’s to calm fears and get you prepared for telehealth sessions.
At Central Valley Family Therapy, we have been proponents and practitioners of telehealth online counseling for years and have seen the benefits it can provide. In times of uncertainty, where the need for flexibility in accessing therapy is paramount, we are honored to be able to continue to provide support for you in this format. We have created a document to help you get started and prepare you for your session.
Before the Session Starts
- Make sure you have a private space where you can be comfortable and limit disruptions for the entirety of your session. This may be in a bedroom, home office, closet, or even in your car in the driveway. (Please do not worry about clutter or messy surroundings as our focus is solely on the therapeutic relationship.
- Do your best to schedule sessions at times when you can limit distractions. We understand that children and loved ones may be present due to school and business closures and we will do our best to accommodate.
- The preferred equipment for Telehealth sessions is a laptop or desktop computer with a video camera and microphone. In cases where this is not available, sessions can be conducted with a smartphone or tablet. (If using a phone or tablet please be sure to secure it in a stable position.)
- The use of earphones/buds plugged into the computer helps maintain privacy and improves sound.
- Make sure all unnecessary web-browsers are closed and limit other streaming devises using wifi while in session.
- Do your best to secure your computer and network with passwords to protect confidentiality.
Beginning a Session
- You will receive an email with a unique video appointment link for our secure HIPPA compliant telehealth platform, SimplePractice. The link will bring you directly to the Telehealth platform.
- Click on the JOIN VIDEO CALL button and you will be taken to a virtual waiting room until your therapist joins the session.
- If you cannot locate the Appointment E-Mail and link, please call 559-691-6840 and we can resend the link right away. You can dial extension 100 to reach our office support staff or your clinician’s extension to reach them directly.
- Please give your therapist 10 minutes to join the session before calling or texting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What happens if the Telehealth technology fails or the session disconnects?
If you and your clinician are unable to reconnect in three minutes your therapist will call the phone number we have on file to continue the session by phone.
Do Telehealth sessions have a different rate than in-person sessions?
No. Telehealth and In-Person sessions are the same rate.
Is there any paperwork or approvals needed to engage in Telehealth?
Telehealth Consent forms will be sent out in addition to this form via your SimplePractice client portal.
Are telehealth sessions recorded?
No. Central Valley Family Therapy does not record sessions and clients are not permitted to record sessions without prior written consent.
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon