Central Valley Family Therapy is proud to offer telehealth services for our patients here in Fresno, CA, as well as in our locations across the Central Valley and Northern California. Our telehealth services are a permanent resource for those individuals and families that struggle attending consistent in person sessions.
Central Valley Family Therapy uses a secure, fully confidential, HIPAA compliant video platform through Simple Practice. Simple Practice makes it easy for us to connect with just a few clicks without sacrificing quality or risking your privacy.
Teletherapy sessions are easy to set up and scheduled for your convenience. You can meet with your therapist any time during our usual hours and in the safety and comfort of your home or office, and the sessions last the same amount of time.
You will need to have a decent internet connection, along with a smartphone or computer with a webcam, to do a video chat session through Simple Practice.
After you get signed up, your therapist will send you a link via email so that you can join your session. At the time of the appointment, just click that link to be directed to your video session. If at any point you are having trouble accessing your session or if you aren’t sure what to do next, please contact our main office at 559-691-6840. Our team can help walk you through the steps and help you set up as needed. Please see the information below (including FAQ) for more information regarding how to prepare for your telehealth session.
Before the Telehealth Session Starts
- Make sure you have a private space where you can be comfortable and limit disruptions for the entirety of your session. This may be in a bedroom, home office, closet, or even in your car in the driveway. (Please do not worry about clutter or messy surroundings as our focus is solely on the therapeutic relationship.
- Do your best to schedule sessions at times when you can limit distractions. We understand that children and loved ones may be present due to school and business closures and we will do our best to accommodate.
- The preferred equipment for Telehealth sessions is a laptop or desktop computer with a video camera and microphone. In cases where this is not available, sessions can be conducted with a smartphone or tablet. (If using a phone or tablet please be sure to secure it in a stable position.)
- The use of earphones/buds plugged into the computer helps maintain privacy and improves sound.
- Make sure all unnecessary web-browsers are closed and limit other streaming devises using wifi while in session.
- Do your best to secure your computer and network with passwords to protect confidentiality.
Beginning a Session
- You will receive an email with a unique video appointment link for our secure HIPPA compliant telehealth platform, SimplePractice. The link will bring you directly to the Telehealth platform.
- Click on the JOIN VIDEO CALL button and you will be taken to a virtual waiting room until your therapist joins the session.
- If you cannot locate the Appointment E-Mail and link, please call 559-691-6840 and we can resend the link right away. You can dial extension 100 to reach our office support staff or your clinician’s extension to reach them directly.
- Please give your therapist 10 minutes to join the session before calling or texting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What happens if the Telehealth technology fails or the session disconnects?
If you and your clinician are unable to reconnect in three minutes your therapist will call the phone number we have on file to continue the session by phone.
Do Telehealth sessions have a different rate than in-person sessions?
No. Telehealth and In-Person sessions are the same rate.
Is there any paperwork or approvals needed to engage in Telehealth?
Telehealth Consent forms will be sent out in addition to this form via your SimplePractice client portal.
Are telehealth sessions recorded?
No. Central Valley Family Therapy does not record sessions and clients are not permitted to record sessions without prior written consent.
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon