Who we are
Central Valley Family Therapy is a mental health organization built on the values of community, unity, and passion. Our group formed in 2017 and throughout time has become a community of expert providers offering dynamic treatments and compassionate care to meet the needs of our patients – the people in the communities in which we serve. If you are looking to obtain your clinical hours in a private practice setting, Central Valley Family Therapy might be the right fit for you.
Unity is the second foundational value of our group. We take teamwork very seriously and we prioritize taking care of the people on our team so they can take care of our patients, their family and friends, and – most importantly – themselves.
As a clinician at Central Valley Family Therapy, we want you to focus on what’s most important – treating and caring for our patients. Which is why we have a team dedicated to handling all the administrative aspects of therapy: scheduling, billing, and marketing. This extended support gives you the time and space you need to be present and engaged with our patients.
You will also receive quality supervision by clinical supervisors with expertise and experience utilizing many theoretical orientations including, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Attachment Theory, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, Solution Focused, Dialectical Behavioral Theory, and many Play Therapy modalities. We focus on providing training that supports clinicians in learning how to meet the mental health needs of individuals from marginalized communities. We serve individuals and families who lack access to mental health services due to financial, geographic, and/or cultural barriers. Your work with Central Valley Family Therapy will make a difference in their lives.
What you’ll do
The Associate Mental Health Clinician candidate will provide telehealth and office-based therapy services to clients ages birth to adulthood. Central Valley Family Therapy clinicians have the flexibility to work with children, adolescents, adults, and couples.
This is a full-time position: our therapists carry a patient caseload of 33-35 patients and provide between 27 and 29 clinical (patient face-to- face) hours per week. Also included is paid individual and group supervision and paid time to complete documentation.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide individual, couples, maternal, perinatal, play therapy, and infant mental health clinical treatment to Central Valley Family Therapy clients in clinic-based setting.
- Establish trusting relationships that support providers, the caregiver(s) and the infant/young child relationship.
- Ability to work with the parent(s)/caregiver(s) and young child together as indicated, utilizing the constructs of prevention, promotion, and intervention to enhance parent knowledge and competencies.
- Provide psychoeducation and parenting education, as clinically indicated, utilizing strengths- based, trauma-informed and culturally competent treatment frameworks.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in adherence with program expectations and accountability requirements. All written documentation of all client, family, case management contacts will be required to meet all Medi-cal documentation standards (training will be provided)
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors, and the public.
- Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates, and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email, and other requests.
What you’ll bring
- An Associate License- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC), or Associate Marriage Family Therapist (AMFT)
- Requisite degree and active independent CA state licensure
What you’ll receive
- This position is an hourly, full time paid position
- Also included are:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off, sick time, paid holidays- 24 hours of sick time, 40 hours of vacation time, and over 14 paid holidays per year
- Employer 401K
- Flex Spending Account
- Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Plan
- Annual stipend for continuing education units (CEUs)
- Also included are:
Come join our dynamic and innovative team of providers working toward mental wellness for all.
Send your resume, cover letter, and one reference letter to: email@example.com
Central Valley Family Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you’re a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon