Dr. Melissa Tihin Psy.D., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Dr. Melissa Tihin Psy.D., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #86602, PMH-C
Chief Executive Officer
“If it doesn't scare you, You're probably not dreaming big enough.”
― Tory Burch
Dr. Melissa Tihin is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who has a passion for working with perinatal women and their families. Melissa founded Central Valley Family Therapy in Fresno, CA in 2017.
My Approach & Values
Dr. Melissa Tihin is a doctorate level trained Licensed and Marriage Family Therapist (#86602) and is certified in Perinatal mental Health (PMH-C) and Infant- Preschooler mental health (IPMH). Melissa has intensive training in infant mental health, perinatal mental health, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). She founded Central Valley Family Therapy in 2017. Previously, Melissa worked at various community agencies across California that specialized in treating trauma before transitioning to private practice in 2015. In these roles, her passion has always been supporting the health and wellness of individuals and their families.
A native Californian, Melissa graduated with a bachelor’s in communications from the University of California, San Diego, in 2003. She went on to complete her Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy in 2012, followed by her Doctorate (Psy.D.) in Couples and Family Therapy, in May 2017 from The California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University.
For the past six years at Central Valley Family Therapy, Melissa has been focused on providing a community-based resource for families in the Central Valley to have access to process their individual and systemic traumas. She has seen repeatedly the positive clinical outcomes and blossoming that occurred because of the top-notch care families received from Central Valley Family Therapy. Melissa is honored to lead an organization of such high-quality, committed clinicians and to serve individuals, couples, and families, of all race and socioeconomic status with a continued dedication to the social and emotional well-being of not only our clients, but our broader community.
- 2020- Hold Me Tight/ Let Me Go Program for Families Facilitators Training- Aikin and Associates at the Greater Sacramento-Davis EFT Center
- 2019- 2020 Mom and Postpartum Support International (PSI) Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training for Mental Health and Clinical Professionals
- 2018- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Core Skills I and II Advanced Training Program- Aikin and Associates at the Greater Sacramento-Davis EFT Center
- 2017- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship Program- Aikin and Associates at the Greater Sacramento-Davis EFT Center
- 2015- Level One Theraplay and Marschak Interaction Method Training- The Theraplay Institute
- 2015- Certificate in Infant- Preschooler Mental Health- California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University
- Tihin, M.L. (2017). The Narratives Of Career-Driven Women and Their Experiences of Motherhood (Publication No. 12755) [Doctoral dissertation, Alliant International University]. ProQuest Dissertations Publishing.
Speaking Engagements- Trainings
- 2019- Introduction to Maternal Mental Health & Women’s Reproductive Mental Health- The Solace Center- Co-Presenter- CEU Training
- 2019- Integrative Approach To Maternal Wellness Conference- Panel Expert
- 2018- CAMFT-CSJV Chapter Open Couch- Panel Expert
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- CAMFT- The Central San Joaquin Valley Chapter
With locations all over Central and Northern California, our practice specializes in treating individuals, couples and families, and through years of experience, we are confident that no problem is too great to overcome.
Phone Number: (559) 691-6840
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon