Jonathan Woodward, M.S., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #123611
Serves in person and telehealth clients in Fresno | Serves telehealth clients| Bakersfield | Modesto | San Francisco |Sacramento | San Jose | Oakland
| Folsom | Roseville | Napa
“It’s okay if you thought you were over it, but it hits you all over again. It’s okay to fall apart even if you thought you had it under control. You’re not weak. Healing is messy and there is no timeline for healing.”
I pride myself on providing competent and compassionate services to individuals and families that I work with. I am passionate about working with children, adults, and families to enhance relationships and offer guidance in navigating life’s obstacles. Through a collaborative process of developing mutual trust and respect, I believe that hope can be restored and each individual has the ability to reach their infinite potential. I specialize in working with substance abuse, trauma, self-esteem, negative thinking, life stressors, conflicts with interpersonal relationships, difficulty with communication, feelings of sadness and worry, grief, and abuse.
My Approach & Values
Jonathan Woodard is Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who works for Central Valley Family Therapy. Jonathan is on the path to becoming a licensed professional and enjoys working with a variety of individuals, but particularly with couples and children.
As a native Californian, Jonathan graduated with a Bachelor’s of science in Psychology from California State University, Fresno in 2013. He went on to complete his Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy in 2016 from California State University, Fresno.
Prior to his work at Central Valley Family Therapy, Jonathan was an intern at Spirit of Woman, an inpatient rehabilitation facility in Fresno for women facing addiction, in Fresno providing group, individual, and family services. Jonathan also worked as an intern through Sanger Unified School District providing counseling services to students on school sites.
Jonathan is an eclectic therapist who utilizes various approaches with his clients. He specializes in Trauma-Focused Treatment and works compassionately with clients to assist them working through trauma. In his work he utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Solution-Focused Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Play Therapy theoretical orientations and interventions. Jonathan enjoys working with children, adults, and couples who are looking to focus on relationship issues, intimacy issues, sexuality, and trauma.
Currently, Jonathan is seeking his certification in Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR is a treatment for trauma developed by Dr. Francine Shapiro in 1989. Research has shown that EMDR Therapy is an effective treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and is also used for the treatment of General Anxiety, Performance Anxiety, Specific Phobias, Grief and Loss, Panic Attacks, Disturbing Thoughts or Memories, and Sexual/Physical Abuse and additional uses continue to evolve.
Certifications and Specialized Training
- 2021 Infant Preschooler Mental Health (IPMH) 26-unit Training: Meraki-Minded Professional Development
- 2021 Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship Program- San Francisco Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- 2021 “The Many Layers of EMDR: A Somatic and Attachment Focus” Presented by Deborah Kennard M.S. PTI Founder- Personal Transformation Institute
- 2020 “EMDRIA Approved EMDR Basic Training” Presented by Deborah Kennard M.S. PTI Founder-Personal Transformation Institute
- 2020 “Playfully Enhancing Resilience: Play Therapy Strategies to Shape Confident Children” Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2019 “Child’s Play, Therapy Basics: Play Therapy and Traumatized Children” Presented by Dr. Brian Bethel Ph.D.
- 2019 “Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy [EFIT] Training Program” Presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2019 “Finding your playful place: Developing practical play therapy interventions” Presented by Angela Boardman, LMFT- The Solace Center
- 2018 “How to facilitate a Hold me tight/Let me go workshop for families and teens” presented by Paul A. Aikin Ph.D and Nancy T. Aikin Ph.D.
- 2017 “The Impact of Attachment Disruption and Trauma on Behavior. Brain Development, and Mental Health” Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- 2017 “Working with Young Children: Evidenced-Based Practices for Screening, Observation, Assessment, and Intervention” Presented by Julie Torok-Mangasarian LMFT, RPT- The Solace Center
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Monday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday- 8:00 am to Noon